About as trust able as kitchen secrets. Its not that they don't have every intention of following through on what they say they are going to do, people just get busy. It's very rare that a cook does what he/she promised to do. If they do it was probably very important. An example would be learning a new plating or showing how to properly make something for the first time. Other than that cook promises are pretty empty.
Everyone is very understanding though, Chefs included. There have been a number of times where Chef asks me to do something that I just don't do. It's never because I don't want to, kitchen work is full of jobs I don't want to do, I just get so wrapped in what I am doing that I forget. I don't usually get in trouble though, unless it was something important like turning down the stock. I imagine it would be the same for everyone else when they don't do something they said they would. It's never a matter of being malicious it just happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment