Friday, May 10, 2013

Talking to the Food ( draft )

All cooks talk to the food. All of them. If there is a cook reading this thinking " I don't talk to food" stop it, you talk to the food. Sixty five percent of the time it doesn't come out in words but thoughts. Regardless the idea of a conversation with an inanimate object is there.

 For the most part it's just like talking to a five year old or a family pet. Lots of encouragement and gentle coaxing.

" Come on now egg, no yolk breaking, nooo yolk breaking.... good job"

This often turns into less gentle coaxing and more demanding

" NO BREAKING!"


But when things don't go the way they were supposed to the conversation quickly takes a turn.

" You whore!"

And when everything else has failed and the whole thing goes to shit things start to get personal.

" YOU MOTHER FUCKER I CANT BELIEVE THAT JUST FUCKIN HAPPENED. I HATE YOU ... YOU'RE STUPID"




And the food just sits there taking it the whole time................. what a whore.

No comments:

Post a Comment